life of a summoner

i looked back at the days in my league.
with a heavy heart,
i dragged my feet about the institute of war,
hesitant...
it'd all been too much for me,
riding on the league curve alone out of late,
and it's mostly on the down side,
slowly, my comrades left, one by one, leaving the league,
but i'm still here, always on the prowl for the perfect team,
which i guess, can never be found.
why cant i leave this place?
a place where i was acknowledge,
praise for my skills,
my wisdom,
conjuring strategy,
i didnt know i can be a mentor,
a leader.

it was all thanks to the league,
where i found myself.

it all begin afew years back,
when i'm still contemplating to try out both the Newerth and the League,
and it was during one of the chinese new year, when it was introduce to me by my couz.
i begin with the songstress, and little did i know that i'm bad with strings,
we all play in the NA server, before i succumbed to addiction of the league,
playing alone,
and there i found my perfect team.
He's a philosopher, another one is the Engineer, and i'm the Asian.
we're one fucking hell of a tripod.
& from there i discovered my gift of being a DPS.
we were quite very close to playing competitive, when the new proxy barrier shut us down.
i then submitted to my fate and went back to SG,
it is however, bad...

leavers,
barbarians,
ragers.
it was so bad that i wanted to quit.
we rally together, my couz and afew friends,
and we're back up again.
i got my rune page, i play through different champions,
i discovered my talent for hecarim,
my fingers could actually danced swiftly during engage,
my fingers waltz effortlessly with leblanc and ahri, taking down whoever near me.

& of course,
the league curve.
the good days and the bad days.
the days you can win, and it's so hard to lose,
and the days when loss is inevitable.
5 hours down 6 games, and nothing changed.
it's as if the odds are against you.
so i survive some set backs here and there,
but at least i wasn't alone.

We played regularly,
daily, weekly,
we had a home ground LAN shop,
we shouted like crazy,
battle cries,
vulgarities,
defeats that makes us leave with our heads bowed down.
but that was all history.

Looking at my summoning orb,
the reflections of my comrades slowly fade away,
i can only see myself.
i'm all alone,
addiction, emptiness,
time wasting.
sigh.
this addiction is pulling me down.
like a fucking drug

was really contemplating,
and i decided to cut down. (REALLY CUT DOWN)
i know i'll have to eventually leave the league one day.
this is no fairy tail,
and all students have to graduate,
and all summoners have to eventually leave.

goodbye halcyon days.